Are your groups memorized?
You bet! Our groups rehearse for months to memorize their challenging music. Because of the complexity of our professional-level music, Choristers and Men hold small, half-sheet-sized mini-binders or slates that contain the set list, starting notes/pitches, song information, and lyrics -- but they're still exciting to watch and engage with their audience and each other. No one likes to see a perfomer buried in a book!
The Singers, on the other hand, provide a headlining-worthy appearance. For concerts and similar events, they (or a tech, if your venue has one) usually tape the event's song list to the ground in front of their microphone stands, but the only thing they'll hold at times are their microphones or small hand percussion.
- Why should I choose New York Holiday Singers, Inc.?
- What events do your groups perform at?
- Do you offer Victorian / "Dickens" carolers?
- What are the "Looks" your groups wear?
- Are your groups able to wear something that I provide?
- Along the same lines, can you sing or help me with custom lyrics?
- Do your groups offer secular selections or things that aren't "too Christmas-y"?
- How far will you travel?
- Can you lead my guests in a "Sing-Along"?
- Are your groups memorized?
- Can you walk & sing, or greet my guests?
- Who created your websites?